Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tegan and Sara - So Jealous



















Album: So Jealous
Artist: Tegan & Sara
Release Year: 2004
Hails From: Alberta, Canada

Tracks:
1. You Wouldn't Like Me
2. Take Me Anywhere
3. I Bet It Stung
4. I Know I Know I Know
5. Where Does The Good Go
6. Downtown
7. I Won't Be Left
8. Walking With A Ghost
9. So Jealous
10. Speak Slow
11. Wake Up Exhausted
12. We Didn't Do It
13. Fix You Up
14. I Can't Take It


My Thoughts: One of my favorite bands. They are super talented and smart twin sisters that formed their band when they were 13. This is their third album and their best up to this point. This album gets a little lighter and poppier than their previous albums, which does well for them. The songs are short, fun and all a little different from one another. Most songs are acoustic and electric guitar driven with some keyboards added in to give some songs an electro feel. Walking With a Ghost is their most popular song from this album and it helped that The White Stripes covered it and gave it more attention. Some others I love are You Wouldn't Like Me, Speak Slow, So Jealous, Fix You Up.

Reminds me of: T&S music always cheers me up when down :) Also it always reiterates my want of learning the guitar.

Random Fact: The girls are famous for their banter and diatribes that they go on during performances. They are very funny. The band originally was Sara & Tegan because their mom messed up when she signed them up for a war of the bands event. Which they won. They later changed it to Tegan & Sara, because she is older and they though it sounded better.


Walking With A Ghost


Speak Slow

No comments:

Post a Comment